Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fitness challenge while travelling and running performance level

I have recently been on an overseas business trip, including a rather long flight and time zone change. I was away long enough to just adjust to the destination timezone at which point I returned home.

This time I actually managed to squeeze in a few training sessions (20 minutes running on treadmill plus a "Seven" session), but despite this, the long hours in the office combined with not so healthy eating added onto my weight.

Luckily for me, I do not have any similar travels planned for the next few months and as soon as I have adjusted back into my normal timezone, I hope the weightcurve will change for the better again.

Despite being relatively tired, I did manage to do a 6 km run yesterday, which was heavy, but felt good.



By accident I noticed that my running performance level changed to 45. Apparently this is a combined metric of my physical fitness and my running efficiency, so to see this going up is good. (See more detailed explanation here.)

I am happy (and surprised) to see that my performance level qualifies as "Good" according to below table:


Now the challenge is to get this to "Very good", which I think will also help with my rowing in which I have felt that I am by far not up to my old standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment