Saturday, August 27, 2016

6 km run

Despite not being light enough for running without risking my knees, I today went for a social run with a friend. 6 kilometres in a modest 6 min/km pace, which I have to say made me tired, but is nowhere near the speed I used to have in earlier part of my life. I simply need to loose weight to dare to run more in order to become faster.

Nevertheless, running is a very time efficient way of training and I burnt over 700 kilocalories in the 36-37 minutes the run took. The Sunnto watch described in earlier post kept track of distance, calories burnt as well as heart rate.

All in all a good feeling afterwards, but some small pain in the knees later in the day, which confirms I need to be careful when running when as heavy as I am currently (103 kg).





No comments:

Post a Comment